Javier Haro is a recruiting specialist at Serco (Cicero Workforce Center), one of 10 workforce centers in Cook County. Haro and his team are experts at connecting ideal candidates to the right job positions in a way that's efficient and cost-effective for the employer.
We sat down with Haro to learn more about everything Serco has to offer for Elk Grove businesses and walked away with 10 things you should know about their services:
1. Serco can help you find qualified local candidates for full-time positions.
2. As an extension of your HR department, Serco helps employers increase productivity, lower labor costs, and streamline hiring processes.
3. Serco is a part of the Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership.
4. If you're looking to hire 10 or more positions, Serco will host a free hiring event on your behalf.
5. Serco's On-the-Job Training (OJT) is a "hire-first" program where the employer signs an agreement with the Illinois workNet Center to hire, train, and retain employees upon completing the training.
6. Through the On-the-Job program, businesses may be reimbursed for up to 75% of the new employee's wages.
7. Other no-cost services include pre-screening of qualified candidates, creating and distributing job postings, and managing skills testing.
8. Serco works for various industries with a focus on manufacturing, transportation, distribution, and logistics.
9. Serco recruits both dislocated workers and young professionals with at least a high school diploma.
10. Serco partners with Harper College and other local colleges.
To learn more about everything Serco (Cicero Workforce Center) has to offer, download the On-the-Job Training quick facts sheet, as well as the one-pager for manufacturers.
SERCO Contact Info:
Hugo Avila - firstname.lastname@example.org / Javier Haro - email@example.com